The Counter Culture Archive!
- Echoes of the Underground – Lee Harris’ Ebook out now!
- The History of Alchemy Culture Shop – Part #1
- The History of Alchemy Culture Shop – Part #2
- The History of Portobello Road
- Ginseng: The Root of being – By Lee Harris
- Seven years of Alchemy – By Lee Harris
- Tales of the Portobello – By Lee Harris
- Brainstorm Comix editorial - By Lee Harris
- Alchemy – 30 Years of Counter Culture
- A Foot Soldier’s tale – By Lee Harris
- Counter Culture Heroes
- Lee Harris’ Megatripolis introduction for Allen Ginsberg
- GLAD YOU’RE BACK: The birth of Brainstorm Comix by Lee Harris
- IT’S ALL IN THE MIND, YOU KNOW by Bryan Talbot
- Ali Om
- Brainstorm Comix – Covers Gallery
- Counter Culture Archive Images #1
- Counter Culture Archive Images #2
- Brainstorm Comix – Reviews #1
- The Gloworks
- Decades of Dope – By Lee Harris
- Healing of the Nations – By Lee Harris
- At the Magnetic Centre of the New Stoned Age – By Lee Harris
- 1st International Cannabis Legalisation Conference – Part #1 -By Lee Harris
- 1st International Cannabis Legalisation Conference – Part #2 – By Lee Harris
- 1st International Cannabis Legalisation Conference – Part #3 – By Lee Harris
- The Best of Home Grown Magazine
- A Jazzmans view of dope – by George Melly (Part #1)
- A Jazzmans view of dope – by George Melly (Part #2)
- A Jazzmans view of dope – by George Melly (Part #3)
- Thoroughly Ripped with Gilbert Shelton (Part #1)
- Thoroughly Ripped with Gilbert Shelton (Part #2)
- Thoroughly Ripped with Gilbert Shelton (Part #3)
- Thoroughly Ripped with Gilbert Shelton (Part #4)
- A day in the life of a California Grower #1
- A day in the life of a California Grower #2
- A day in the life of a California Grower #3
- A day in the life of a California Grower #4
- Vaporizers: The smokeless revolution?
- How to clean a Proto-Pipe Deluxe
- Why does everyone love RAW papers?
- How to setup and use a hookah
- Greengo, the tobacco alternative!
- The History of Clipper Lighters
- Metal Grinders, Plastic Grinders or Wooden grinders?
- Top five vaporizers
The Counter Culture Archive will be available as a free eBook very soon,
join us to receive it by email!
ECHOES OF THE UNDERGROUND: A FOOTSOLDIER’S TALE OUT IN ALL GOOD BOOKSHOPS NOW!
- Buy the book now on Waterstones
- Buy the book now on Barns & Noble
- Buy the book now on Foyles
- Buy the book now on Amazon (UK)
- Buy the book now on Amazon (US)
JUST PUBLISHED ON BARNCOTT PRESS!
AVAILABLE TO BUY HERE
Paper back version will be coming soon
Echoes of the Underground: A Foot Soldiers Tale is a unique collection of ‘underground’ writings by Lee Harris, the majority of which were originally published in the ’alternative press’ of the 60′s and 70′s; International Times, Oz, Home Grown and ‘Other Scenes’ .
The collection includes writings on the ‘Beat Generation’, William Burroughs, Allen Ginsberg, the 60′s theatre revolution, and the South African apartheid era (Lee was one of the few white members of the ‘African National Congress’and met Nelson Mandela).
There is some interesting material covering the ‘War on Drugs’ and the early days of the ‘Legalise Cannabis’ movement – as you might expect from the publisher of Home Grown, Europe’s first cannabis magazine.
Also included are rare interviews with beat poet Michael McClure, the director of the musical HAIR Tom O’Horgan, the man who ‘turned on’ Timothy Leary by giving him some L.S.D., Michael Hollingshead, and Harry Shapiro, author of ‘Waiting for the Man’ and the Jimi Hendrix biography‘Electric Gypsy’.
Some unpublished work is included in this insightful and personal collection of writing which covers some of the most exciting and revolutionary times in recent world history.
* Price (£4.00) varies according to location and rate of the dollar.
This ‘name your price’ 3-track single includes the new songs:
So here we are, You’ll find your way & By the riverside
and comes with cover art & video of ‘You were there all along’
live @ Half Moon Putney. Download HERE
Deluxe special edition of Upsetter Magazine Issue 1, a magazine on the great Lee Scratch Perry
Limited to 200 copies – Each copy is individually numbered –
Includes articles on Lee Scratch Perry in Studio One, The Ska Years, Upsetter News, Colour Photo Postcards
Discography 1963-68 & Original Perry art
A collection of short films, featurettes & music videos with over two hours of previously unseen footage filmed during the making of the album ‘Lee Harris meets River Styx – Angel Headed Hip Hop’ from 2007 – 2010. featuring: Brian Barritt, Jim Haynes, Howard Marks, Youth, Henk Targowski, Eddie Woods, Jean-Jacque Lebel, Giles Walker & Peter Dunne (Mutoid Waste Company) and more
DVD (PAL) – Region 2
Here is the trailer
Angel Headed Hip Hop is the work of playwright, writer and spoken word artist, Lee Harris and songwriter & poet River Styx. A mesmerising journey of psychedelic soundscapes. Featuring Aldous Huxley, Howard “Mr Nice” Marks, Brian Barritt, JC001 & more. The album was released in 2009 on Genepool/Universal Music.
“The 21st century equivalent of the early experiments with beat poetry and improvised Jazz. A slice of life, a slice of history”… Upsetter Magazine.
The album is recontextualising the beat poets into the modern age”… K&C Daily Times.
READ MORE ABOUT THE ALBUM ON WIKIPEDIA
Here are some music videos from the album
New Antique Records is proud to present; “Alchemy – 30 Years of Counter Culture” an alchemical fusion of dub, jazz, celtic, ambient, psy-trance and spoken word available digitally for the first time.
Originally released in 2002, The album features Youth, Raja Ram & Simon Posford (Shpongle), Howard Marks, Brian Barritt, Bush Chemist, JC001, Drum Druids and many more, brought together by Lee Harris to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the oldest headshop in the creative melting pot of London’s Ladbroke Grove area.
“It starts perfectly chilled, dubby even, and by way of Howard Marks and the Mystery School Players, arrives at Shpongle. The flute work morphs seemlessly into a kicking Psy-Trance tune from Nervasystem & Aether. Dammit, it’s so good!” Inna?Turtle
“Very nice fusion and a nice piece to listen to at home and on the chill-out-floors around the globe” Mushroom – Hamburg
“Alchemy is trippy with a capital T. It is a celebration of one man’s journey through the counter culture that has existed in this country since the 1960’s. Listening to Alchemy gives us a sense of history that you won’t read about in school text books.” …..Peek Magazine
“If you like Lee’s trippy ramblings then check out “Alchemy – 30 years of Counter Culture, Some real gems on that one!” …..PSYAMB
The Album is also available digitally on New Antique Records